About Me

I am a 26 year old guy who suffers with Hypothyroidsism, I am not getting the treatment I need off the NHS and Im sick and tired of being fobbed off!! If you have not felt well since starting a thyroid replacement then this is the place for you! I want to make everyone an "expert patient" and make the Doctors understand they dont know everything! We need the correct treatment and we deserve to get it too! If you would like to Email me, please feel free, I like talking to people with Thyroid disease. Ric@Thyroidhelp.org

Friday 23 November 2007

Today Im thinking about changing my Endocrinologist! He doesnt seem very interested in my condition.

Im thinking about getting a second opinion!! I want a doctor who is going to give me the time of day and who isnt afraid to trial me on other meds which may or may not help me!

2 comments:

Debbie C said...

Hi Ric,

I quite agree with you. Typically the medical profession is given a sample of a medication to use, told to give it to the sufferers of "X" problems and the pharmacetical companies back the medication. They are not told of options, everyone with medical problem "X" has to be treated in one particular way.

It's a huge problem because the pharmaceutical companies are holding the reigns of the physicians, the Federal Drug & Administration part of the Government AND the pharmacies! Anything "new" needs to be tested on animals, then humans, and takes YEARS to get to a siffering population.

You are RIGHT to seek a second opinion, and that's exactly how you should put it to him. If you, as the patient, are not happy, then you, as the patient have the RIGHT to find someone who will A) Listen to YOU, B) Help YOU, C) Consider alternatives.

Keep fighting, Ric. I mean it. Make a lot of noise and see if you and your fellow sifferers can STOP physicians, pharmaceuticals and the government from painting everyone with one brush. Everyone is different and each individual deserves to be treated according to their symptoms.

It's your RIGHT to get this help.

Anonymous said...

This blog is really a great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you very much for such important information.

FOR BEST INFORMATION ON THYROID CANCER.