About Me

I am a 26 year old guy who suffers with Hypothyroidsism, I am not getting the treatment I need off the NHS and Im sick and tired of being fobbed off!! If you have not felt well since starting a thyroid replacement then this is the place for you! I want to make everyone an "expert patient" and make the Doctors understand they dont know everything! We need the correct treatment and we deserve to get it too! If you would like to Email me, please feel free, I like talking to people with Thyroid disease. Ric@Thyroidhelp.org

Wednesday 17 December 2008

Hi there, I have now started taking B12 tablets, started them today, so haven't seen any improvement yet. I was prescribed them a few years ago, after I was getting really nasty mouth ulcers, but I wasn't continued on them just a few weeks worth.

I bought them from Iherb.com. got stung with import duty by customs, which wasnt great. but I have them now. Im quite excited about them to be honest, (I get excited by silly things lol) my blood tests shows that my B12 is low but not low enough that my GP will do anything about it. I get alot of the symptoms too, but that can be associated with Thyroid disease.

One thing I have learnt is, if you really want to improve you health you cant just rely on Armour or Thyroxine, you have to improve your lifestyle too. Which is what Im trying to do. Obviously I fall off the wagon from time to time, but none of us are perfect! One thing I have done to improve my health is give up Pepsi Max, I was drinking absolutely loads of it, upto 4 litres a day. I was addicted to it, I didnt want it, I needed it. I drank so much the other month, I thought to myself, this cant go on, I have to give it up. I did, and feel alot better for it!!

A quick mention to my pal Mike, who runs www.Thyroidhelp.org thank you very much for organising my new banner, I love it. And Homer Simpson with a bottle of Armour is Genius!! If you havent signed up there, I recommend you do, as it really is a great place to learn and make friends with people who have Thyroid disease and or Adrenal problems!!

Merry Christmas to all, and Happy new year, I will let you know if I get any benefit from the B12!!

Adios!

Ric

2 comments:

Pam said...

sometimes adding T3 meds can make a WORLD of difference. enough to help you change your lifestyle so you're not requiring naps to get through the day. i am on levothroid and cytomel. cytomel was my lifesaver. tho i do have my moments. i signed up w the new thyroid spot u suggested. just have to have time to visit! i'm trying to keep up w my own thyroid blog now, too. i've been slacking a bit. :-/

Anonymous said...

This blog is really a great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you very much for such important information.

FOR BEST INFORMATION ON THYROID CANCER.