About Me

I am a 26 year old guy who suffers with Hypothyroidsism, I am not getting the treatment I need off the NHS and Im sick and tired of being fobbed off!! If you have not felt well since starting a thyroid replacement then this is the place for you! I want to make everyone an "expert patient" and make the Doctors understand they dont know everything! We need the correct treatment and we deserve to get it too! If you would like to Email me, please feel free, I like talking to people with Thyroid disease. Ric@Thyroidhelp.org

Sunday 2 December 2007

15 hours later

So wow I have been up since 8am and have been shopping and done a little bit of houswork..Not much mind you but still if I was teling you my story 4 weeks ago I would be saying ha ha ha no chance!!!
Its now 11pm so thats about 15 hours on the go..with a nap and that is Huge! Im normally have an hours or 3 in the afternoon...not this time though!!
Things seem to be getting better daily!! Lets hope it continues!!

Please sign up at my new thyroid forum!! http://www.thyroidhelp.co.uk We need to fight for our health!!!!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Hi Ric

I am Sheila Turner and I run Thyroid Patient Advocacy-UK (www.tpa-uk.org.uk) and we are campaigning to bring about change in the NHS diagnosiong and treatment protocol for sufferers of hypothyroidism. I have just written a 26 page response to the BTA (new president is Professor Jayne Franklyn) with almost 300 references to show that their Statements on their website on Armour Thyroid and synthetic T4/T3 combination therapy are wrong and that both have misleading and incorrect information, which is causing great confusion to both doctors and patients. I have asked them to update their statement to show the true facts. I have sent a copy to every NHS endocrinologist in the UK (832) and to every PCT. I think you would find these two documents to be very useful in your fight. You are very welcome to join us, we need all the campaigners that we can get.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/thyroidpatientadvocacy

You may not be aware that there are many associated conditions that go along with hypothyroidism that stops thyroid hormone replacement from working as it should, and we could help you, should these be a problem. Sadly, these are yet other conditions that are not recognised within the NHS.

Dr Barry Durrant-Peatfield, Dr Gordon Skinner, Dr Jacob Teitelbaum and Dr Theodore Friedman are all medical advisers to our group. We offer lots of help and support to sufferers of all thyroid disease on our forum, even though our main aim is to campaign.

I admire the way you are fighting to regain your health (and life), and one day, people like you ARE going to make a DRAMATIC difference to the way hypothyroids are diagnosed and treated in the future.

Luv - Sheila

Anonymous said...

This blog is really a great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you very much for such important information.

FOR BEST INFORMATION ON THYROID CANCER.